The Horse Boating Society is using a horse to tow a barge along the canal this week:
Horseboat Elland on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal
• Wed April 10: Leeds to Armley Mills Museum
• Thurs April 11: Armley Mills Museum to Rodley (near Pudsey)
• Friday April 12: Rodley (near Pudsey) to Saltaire
• Sat April 13 and Sun April 14: boat at Saltaire World Heritage Site Celebrations
• Sun April 14: harnessing and horseboating demos (Sat April 13, no demos.)
• Sun April 28: Saltaire to Bingley via the Bingley 3 Rise and Bingley 5 Rise Locks (one of the 7 Wonders of the Waterways)
See http://www.horseboating.org.uk/ for more information.
Thanks to the headingley,org chat list for passing on this information.